Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Just a bunch of stuff we've been doing

Did I ever even talk about the 4th of July?  Well, it was a good one.  It was nice and relaxing.  After church, we had a little BBQ with Darrick and Ariel and their family.  Then we headed to our apt for cupcakes.  We invited all of the techs over to have a cupcake and ice cream for Savannah's birthday.  We then headed to the church parking lot where we could see the local firework show.  The kids loved the fireworks!  Darrick and Ariel had some sparklers for the kids afterward.  It was a little scary giving Max a flaming stick, but they had a good time!
Downtown, right by the zoo, they have a great park with trails to walk around.  There is a big playground area with a splash park right in the middle of it.  It is a great place to play and cool off!  We plan on making several trips back here before we leave.

Savannah, reading Max some books.  I love it when they do this! 


When we drove around looking for a place to release Stumpy, we found this great area with lots of alligators.  You can stand on the bridge and just watch them.  We have been back since to check them out again, and they were still there.

Isn't it beautiful?
If you look close, you can see three alligators swimming around.  I think we counted about 13 at one time once.  This is also the place I saw the biggest fish I have ever seen in my life.  I forget what they were called now, but it flipped out of the water for a minute and I swear it was a 100lb fish!
When we were there, a group of other people stopped to check them out.  They just so happened to have some chicken and rope (conveniently enough).  Matt had the rope around this one, but he ended up breaking it.  Matt talks like he would have pulled him to shore, but I can assure you that would not have happened.
Trying to convince Savannah to give this huge bullfrog a kiss.  She wasn't so sure about it. 

No comments: