Sunday, July 18, 2010

Guess who just turned 2??

Maxwell just turned 2 years old.  I know every mom says it, but I can't believe it!
Maxwell, when he was about 1 minute old.

We had a little birthday party with a few of the kids out here.  I made this little barnyard birthday cake, with animal cupcakes to go with it.  It didn't look just like the picture on-line, but I was pretty happy with it.


It was hard keeping him out of the cake until everyone came.  When I was making it, I could hear him saying "mmmm" in the kitchen.  I went to check it out and he had pulled a stool up to the counter and was grabbing a fist full of cake.  Luckily I caught him in time....little stinker!

Savannah had just had a birthday, so he knew the drill when it came to presents in the morning.

We found him a little remote control car that only has two buttons: forward and backward.  He just picks one button and hold it down the whole time.  He will set it down on the ground with the tires spinning, and then run away before it crashes into him.  It's pretty funny to watch.
Show me how the piggies eat!

Happy Birthday, Max!  We love you!

11 comments:

John and Margaret said...

Way to go supermom! Love the cake and cupcakes!!! Happy birthday Max! (a remote, really?? I thought two year olds were good with a puzzle and a cookie ;-) )

Brittney said...

Happy Birthday, Max! What a cute cake!

The Pruitts said...

I think that cake may be the CUTEST cake I have EVER seen!! Happy Birthday to Max!!

Kolste said...

Happy Birthday Max!! We cant wait to get back and play! And we have birthday presents that are getting sent out tomorrow!!

Susanna said...

Happy Birthday Max!! I'm very impressed with your cake, Miriam, WOW! Where did you get those Woody jammies, I love them!! Your kids are so cute Miriam!

Nellie said...

That cake is impressive...so cute! It does seem crazy that he is two already! Happy Birthday Max (and Savannah too since we missed hers)!

brit said...

cute cake!! quit being so good and making me look like a bad mom. my kids are lucky to get a plain old cake!

Matt and Jessica Stevenson said...

I can't get over how cute the cake was! thanks for inviting us, my kids had so much fun:)

Angie said...

Good work on the cake! It turned out so cute!! Hope Max had a happy birthday!

The Lovells said...

I am impressed with the Barnyard Cake. That is awesome. Happy Birthday Max!

Anonymous said...

nice package he has I want to play with it and get him hard