Thursday, July 31, 2008

Update!

Thanks for all of the nice comments on our last post! I guess all you have to do to get people to comment is have a baby!
Everything has been going well. Savannah loves her new baby brother! She always wants to see him and says she wants to "pet" him. She will pat his head and whisper "baby". It is pretty cute! She is even more obsessed with her baby dolls now too. They are always needing a diaper change or to be wrapped up in a blanket. She has spent a lot more time with her dad this last week since he has been around more, and is becoming quite the daddy's girl! She follows him everywhere he goes! She has started calling me 'Miriam' and calls Matt 'Honey'.

Our first big outing was for the 24th of July. We pulled the Primary float in the Mapleton parade. I wish I had taken pictures of the kids on the float, but the only one I took was Savannah wearing her shades!

Matt's sister and her family were in town, so we had fun visiting with them and mostly just hanging out!

Savannah also had her first official haircut last week.

She looked so cute sitting in the chair. It actually ended up being a really bad experience. The girl cutting it did a horrible job, and I'm not sure she has ever spoken to a kid before, but it was pretty cute anyway!


NEXT...
My brother's wife threw him a surprise birthday party at Classic Skating....Again, I didn't get any good pictures of us actually skating. This one is the only one we have!




Matt and Maxwell trying to hunt down some dinner for us!


Maxwell, chillin' in the car seat with his cousin, Julianna.


Savannah likes to hold him every now and then. I know it looks like he is screaming, but it really is just a yawn.


Taking a little snooze with daddy!

9 comments:

Angie said...

He is so cute! I'll bet Savannah is so proud of him. Cyd went through a phase where she called me Honey. It's so funny when they do that!

The Lovells said...

Isn't is funny how people will post comments with big events (birth) and then you never hear from them again. Whats up with that.

stef j. said...

is this a new blog background??? well, i like it.

you're looking good! and roller-skating - impressive.

congrats again on Maxwell. i'm still in the midst of the post-partum, baby-hungry stage (if you know what i mean), so i just want to cuddle him. *sigh*

love ya momma!

Smitty n' Chelle said...

that is funny. addy will call me and josh baby sometimes since that is what we call eachother. she has yet to call us by our first names. i am sure she will though, she is just got that kind of personality. maxwell is so cute. i wish i was there to hold him. i love new little babies.

Katie said...

congratulations on your babe! did i already tell you that? well... i meant to. :)
um, you didn't know i was moving because i didn't really tell anyone... on my blog anyway. i didn't tell anyone because i still had insurance through my work and until i figured that out i didn't want anyone to know for fear we would lose it. so... i secretly moved. :)
anyway- i hope life is calming down for you. my babe is 3 months old today and i can't believe how quickly it went! i miss talking to you. we need to catch up sometime.
-kt

Susanna said...

Didn't you know that you are more likely to get bucked of a horse than ride on a crazy elephant on a rampage. I saw that Animal's gone wild too. I wasn't too scared:) I love the picture of Matt and Max asleep. Very cute!

Sarah said...

Do you think you could email me some of the pictures I took with your camera? You don't have to do all of them...just the cuter ones;) Are you converted to Macey's?

Katie said...

happy birthday miriam! i hope it is filled with joy and i hope that you get spoiled!
i hope that you are adjusting to life with two kids! it was quite the adjustment for us!
love, kt

Susanna said...

Ha, ha that is so funny. I was talking about KITE RUNNER. I guess I liked the auther's style of writing, I'm just trying to spread the word. Our trailer is sitting in Deseret. You are welcome to use it, my brother-in-law has taken it camping a couple times and that's about it. It's just collecting dust. Let me know.