Friday, March 14, 2008

The Price is right and Savannah

Well, I am sure many of you are just itching to hear what we won at "The Price is Right". NOTHING!! We did get into the show and it was a lot of fun, but alas, we did not get called to "Come on Down". We had to wait around FOREVER in order to get in, but it was fun to be there. There sure are a lot of weirdos that go to the show. They kept us entertained while we waited though. The stage is so much smaller than you would think. We did meet Drew Carey! We are not all that excited about meeting celebrities, so for us it was much like meeting any other stranger, but he seems like a swell enough fella! Anyway...I will post pictures of our trip when I get them on my computer. You might see us in the audience on April 3 if you watch the show. If you were on stage looking out at the crowd, we are on the far left in the front row. I doubt there is many shots with us in them because we were so close to camera equipment, but we were sure to give people high-fives as they ran down the isle, so you may see us. Also at the very end of the show I saw a big fat prego belly with a name tag that said "Miriam" on it. One can only assume that was me!

In other news...
The other day when we were at the church for a RS dinner, Savannah fell and hit her mouth on a chair. I took her out and there was blood all over. I wiped her up and calmed her down a little, but she wouldn't let me look in her mouth. I figured she just had a fat lip, so I brought her back in. Later, Matt took her out and when I came to get them he asked if I had noticed her tooth was gone! One of her front teeth was missing. You could see a little piece of it right at the gum, but the rest was gone! I was so sad. That must have really hurt! We looked all over for the tooth and could not find it. It was late at night, so we had to call an on-call number for a pediatric dentist! We found the best dentist in the WORLD! His name is Dr. Sorensen in Spanish Fork. He drove to his office to meet us late at night. He checked her out, and took and x-ray and guess what? The tooth was still there! It was shoved all the way up into her gum. OUCH! No wonder we couldn't find it. I was relieved because it should just come back down. There is a chance it will be black, so we are hoping not, but just have to wait and see. That would be sad if she had to just wait for her permanent ones to come in. Poor Savannah! But if you are looking for a good Pediatric Dentist I found one for you! He didn't even charge us anything! It's great to find nice people around.
Here is a picture of our toothless little girl:


She is so funny! When she went to take a drink, it must have hurt, because she reached her fingers in her mouth and kept saying "tooth, gone". I started laughing and when she realized she was being funny she kept putting her arms in the air like she was shrugging and would say "Where teeth go?"

7 comments:

Angie said...

Geez, you have been a busy little blogger haven't you? So sad about Savannah's tooth, I can't believe it was jammed clear up in her gum! Poor baby.

I always thought the jokes I heard about the South were exaggerated, but after seeing that "restaurant" and a single wide trailer on stilts, I'm thinking they were pretty accurate!

JEN said...

Oh my goodness! How sad/kinda funny/painful!! That is crazy it jammed into her gums! I think it us cute though... there was a little boy in my ward growing up that knocked on of his front teeth out when he was about one and I thought it was so cute! I don't know why but she looks cute too:) Hope it all turns out ok though!

JEN said...

I guess I can't type... I hope you know what I was saying there!!!

Sarah said...

Oh the poor girl! That really sounds painful. I am going to record the price is right that day and I will watch for you guys.

Smitty n' Chelle said...

Poor baby girl. When Addy was one and just learning to walk she fell two different times in one day and chiped a front tooth each time so she has both her front top teeth chipped. Now she looks like she is from Arkansas.:) We hope to see you guys while we are in Utah next week. We will be having Easter with Rich and Cathy and then Monday we will be there for everyone to come see us. Hope to see you guys there!!

stef j. said...

Poo Savannah - but at least it's one less tooth she'll have to brush. I'm trying to decide what would be better - the gap or a black tooth. Here a lot of kids have gold teeth - yes KIDS who have yet to develop permanent teeth have their baby teeth replaced with gold teeth. Kind of like Mississippi, only more water.

stef j. said...

Yah, so "Poo Savannah" was supposed to be "PooR Savannah", just so you know.