I keep meaning to write things down when my kids say them. Here are a few:
Today I was in the kitchen with Maxwell and it was pretty quiet. He asked me what that sound was. I listened and didn't hear anything, so I told him it might have been the fridge.
Max: "Mom, do you think it was a bear, a coyote, or the fridge?"
Me: "Probably just the fridge."
Then he climbs under the table for a little while, climbs back out, and says: "Actually mom, I think it was just me, pooping my pants."
Savannah was asking me why her dance clothes weren't hanging up in her closet like the rest of her clothes.
Me: "Because I only hang up normal clothes that you wear a lot. The dance clothes just stay in the basket until we need to use them."
Savannah: "So, we just use them when we want to go to dance or pretend like we are getting married?"
Me: "Do you like to pretend like you are getting married?"
Savannah: "Yes."
Me: "Who do you pretend like you are marrying?"
Savannah: "Well, Maxwell doesn't like for me to pretend to marry him, because he thinks I am trying to marry him for real, so I have to chase him and grab his arms."
Maxwell was watching me cut fabric with the roller blade.
Max: "That thing is just for mommies to use not for daddies or boys"
Me: "That's right. Only mommy can touch this."
Max: "Ya, boys can do other things. They can only do things like watch shows, play outside, read books, go to time out."
Those are the only things he could think of. I just thought it was funny that going to time-out was in his list. He is right though, he does get to go to time-out a lot.
Savannah likes to read books to Maxwell. She is usually pretty accurate on what the pages say, because she has a really good memory if I have read the book to her before. If she hasn't read the book, she just makes it up. I was folding laundry on my bed, and the kids grabbed the scriptures on the nightstand. Savannah told Max she would read the book to him, so they sat down on the floor. Since there aren't any pictures, Savannah just knows that we learn about Jesus in the scriptures. She started telling Max all about Jesus. How he was a little baby at Christmas time, how he helped sick people to feel better, and how he died. Then she turns to Max and tells him "don't worry though, He came back to life." It was so sweet, and I just wanted to remember it.
Savannah has a few things she just can't seem to pronounce: music (moose-glick), family home evening (hammy fo weavening), museum (mazoomeum), sandwich (swamwich), swimsuit (slim sloup). I will have to add more as I think of them.
Monday, April 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I love reading what little kids say! Hilarious! I've also been trying to write down the funny things Morgan says so I don't forget them.
Those are too funny. The first one about Max pooping cracks me up.
Love the post....love the sweet grandkids!!
You were cutting fabric????
Luke and I are laughing our heads off! I've got tears running down my face! Oh thanks for sharing, I haven't laughed like that in a long time! Miss you guys!!
Ha ha! Your kids are so funny! We miss you guys. Bridget still talks about your kids from last summer. We should try and get together sometime!
I love hearing what kids say! It always brings a smile to my face. Your little kids are so cute, I love when my girls play with them! Ada was telling us all at dinner tonight how Max is her friend. It was cute!
That was a cute post! I really liked Maxwell's conversation with you about what the noise was. That's a good story to remember!
Post a Comment