I'm trying to get caught up on all of the stuff we have been doing this summer. Early in July, we went to Montana for a family reunion. I have never been there in the summer, so it was a lot of fun!
We stopped at Bear World on our way up. It is right outside Rexburg. There were, in fact, a lot of bears at Bear World. Savannah loved it! She kept wanting to get out to see the bears until we told her they would eat her!


They had a big petting zoo area that the kids loved too.


Next, we headed to Yellowstone. Our kids are a little young for it, but it sure is pretty. Turns out kids don't think waiting around for an hour to see water spray out of the ground is all that cool, but you can't go to Yellowstone and not see Old Faithful! I kept wondering when a bear was going to climb on our car, but apparently that doesn't happen much anymore.


This is my favorite picture! Matt is just thinking he is funny, but he really is the best at spotting things far away. I can't tell you how often we are driving, and he suddenly pulls over because he saw something clear out in a field he wants to check out. He is a good person to have with you at Yellowstone!

We saw lots of buffalo and elk, but no bears on cars or bears eating elk. Darn.

This baby fawn was in a field right outside of Great Falls. Like I said, Matt can spot anything from the car. He happened to look over, and see a baby deer nursing, so he pulled over. We walked out into the field and took some pictures. He was so cute!
We eventually made it to Matt's home town, Belt. It is a pretty cute little town!

We went to play in the creek. It was too cold even for Savannah, so I knew I didn't want to get in. I've turned into quite the sissy when it comes to cold water, but Matt had a good time with the kids.


It was fun seeing all of the family. Too bad Max is such a Mama's boy, because he had quite the fan club that was willing to hold him if he would let them!

A bunch of the cousins playing at the park.

The whole family minus Darrick and his family, who couldn't make it. 9 kids and 30 grandkids so far.

The reunion was with Matt's dad's side of the family. We went to visit the property where they grew up, then went to visit the graves of his Dad's parents and two brothers. It was really nice to be able to visit.

All together, we had a great time, and our kids were exhausted from all of the fun!!
No comments:
Post a Comment