Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wasatch Back

Last weekend I got the chance to run the Wasatch Back relay with a group of people. It was really hard, but I'm glad I did it. It is a 188 mile relay from Logan to Park City. I ran with a team of 12 people that I didn't know before. We ran in the heat of the day, through the night, and in the rain the next day. It was intense, and I underestimated how hard it is to run when you have only had 1 1/2 hours of sleep, but we sure did run through some beautiful areas! This is me, starting my leg that was all up hill. It was awful! I hadn't done any training on hills, and I thought I was going to die!
Part of my team. Six of us shared a van and took turns running. One team member was running and one was taking the pictures!

And the rest of the team at the finish line. (missing one person) My team was great and they were all better runners than I am. I'm glad I got to meet them.


4 comments:

Krista said...

Geez, are you considering changing the name of your blog to like Super Athletes or anything?! Way to go on your recent races! It sounds like so much fun! I think it's so cool that you're so active- you're an inspiration! Keep it up!

carrie said...

You rock Miriam! You look like a little bean-pole! Way to go on all the running!

Angie said...

I think you're crazy:) Either that or next I'm going to see you in the Olympic Trials. Keep up all the running...then I can justify that you're running enough for the both of us!

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Miriam, I love that you are a runner. I wish we lived closer. I'm proud of you!