Monday, June 29, 2009

Salem Triathlon

Last month Matt and I did our first triathlon! It was a lot of fun!
A lot of people we knew did it, which made it even more fun. In this picture is Karen (in my ward and helped me train by taking me swimming all of the time), Matt's brother Mike, My brother Joe, Me, Matt, My brother Jake, and Corey (a work friend).

A group getting ready to start the swim. I'm not sure which group this is, but we all looked the same, so it doesn't really matter.

The race was exhausting for Savannah!

Sorry, no pictures of us in action. I can tell you we did look pretty hot in our wetsuits though!

Showing off some pretty impressive farmers tans along with our numbers and big guns!

I'm so glad we did it. We had a lot of fun training. I have never really done a big race. I love the whole atmosphere of races! My favorite part was waiting in a huge line to use the porta-potties before the race. When it was finally my turn, a big handicap one opened up. The door didn't lock, but I didn't worry too much about it. That was a mistake. Someone came and busted open the door, so everyone in the huge line could see me. Then she just walks off and leaves the door open allowing me to show off some pretty impressive waddling skills to shut it myself! Awesome!

5 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

That is pretty good that you could do that. You will never see me in any sort of marathons of anything like that.

brit said...

you guys r awesome. i can't wait to do a half with you.

Denette said...

How come I missed the potty story? Too funny.

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Its so cool that you are doing races. When I did my triathalon I think the hardest part was getting the wetsuit off. It took forever. Did you end up doing the Wasatch Back?

Angie said...

Mwahahahaha! I love the potty story!

How come EVERYONE I know is doing tri's lately? I just did a 5k and that was enough for me!! Good job!