Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy Late Thanksgiving!

Sorry...just haven't been in the blogging mood lately.

We had a great Thanksgiving this year! Since everyone at Platinum went on the company cruise, Matt had extra time off, so we headed to Montana. Savannah was spoiled with lots of books to read and Max was spoiled with someone to hold him at all times! It was nice to just have time to relax and hang out with family. Matt is from the cutest little town. I keep wanting to take lots of pictures there, but when I pulled out my camera, the battery was dead...so no pictures of the whole trip!

The kids did okay in the car. We split up the drive into 2 days which helped. On the way there, we stayed in a classy little place called "The Sundowner Inn" in Dillon. Was it nice? Well that all depends on if you are picky about having clean sheets and towels. On the way home, we drove through a snow storm. The drive to Idaho Falls should have taken us about 5 hours and it took about 9. Add to that a crying baby, and a toddler that drops everything over and over just so you can keep reaching back to pick it up...and you have one fun filled drive! Despite the stress of traveling with kids, it is always worth it, and we had a great time! Highlights of the drive included a little MC Hammer, Billy Rae's 'Achy-Breaky Heart', and some Johnny Cash. Who can complain when you have classic music like that to listen to? I make fun of Matt because he could listen to "A boy named Sue" over and over. He makes fun of me for busting out my Hammer time moves. He is just jealous that he never owned a pair of Hammer pants growing up. Mine were pretty sweet!

3 comments:

Susanna said...

Sounds about like our roadtrips. I have been listening to the 80's and 90's music nonstop lately. Anyone who passes me on the street is probably thinking, "Look at the crazy lady belting out 'Tiffany'!"...running just as fast as we can...

Angie said...

Ohhhhhh, longs road trips with babies...they suck! I hate how you can't just take them out and hold them. I'm always tempted but then I know I would NEVER forgive myself if something happened. We got stuck in a terrible snow storm once trying to get home from Tooele and had to stay in a place that was about as classy as your sounds (it was in Beaver, what could we expect, right?) Good times. Oh, and your Hammer Pants were sexy, I'm sure:)

stef j. said...

oh wow, so many memories ... i remember my neon yellow, purple, and black hammer pants. i wore them with pride with my scrunchy socks and black high tops.

wow.

and i seriously, honestly can't imagine 5 hours is a car with 2 kids, much less 9!! that's crazy!! we can drive around the entire island in 2. i think our girls would seriously flip out.