
It's hard to get a picture with the kids looking. Oh well!
Carthage Jail.
Savannah had a good time with her cousin, Nolan. He loves to push the stroller around. He would do it all day if he could. Savannah was watching him, and he pulled up and patted the seat for her to climb in, then they just took off. It was pretty cute. He is currently sporting a pretty sweet mohawk too!
Savannah and daddy found some horses to feed. She sure loves exploring with her dad!
I love this statue! It is of Joseph and Hyrum as they are leaving Nauvoo for the last time. You can see the river behind them and the temple is right in front of it. The boys with us are friends from our office. It was fun having them come along. They were a lot of help with Savannah too!
Savannah watching the Mississippi river at the end of the "Trail of Hope" where the Saints crossed on their way west.
Matt in the Browning gun shop. He is such a babe!
Sitting on the temple steps! That pink bag is in all of our pictures! I always forget to move it.
Savannah loved looking at all of the flowers. The landscaping is so beautiful! We waited outside while others were on the tour. She had such a good time exploring. Her hands and feet were so dirty when we left.
4 comments:
Hey, we are trying to plan a trip to Nauvoo and are wondering what you HAVE to do while there. It looks like you did all the good stuff, what would you suggest?
Hey jen,
so it completly depends on how much time you have and whether or not it is on a Sunday. If not on Sunday, they have lots of fun activities that kids would like more....I would go on the oxen ride or horse carriage ride (they have both), there is the family living center that has activities where you make ropes or candles. They also have a bunch of pioneer game stuff at a park. The boys like the blacksmith or brick place because you get a little brick or a ring made from a nail and Matt of course likes the gun shop. those places are still open on sunday...
Also...
of course the temple, I like the trail of hope down by the river and you will probally at least want to go see the graves of Joseph, Hyrum and Emma. They are right by his house....
Those are the for sure ones...All the other little homes are fun to see, but Savannah didn't sit through any tours except the bakery because they give you a cookie.
Carthage is about 30 miles away, but I would go if you have time!
That is probally way more info than you needed, but there it is.
No way, I need all the help I can get!!! Thanks so much! It is just some of us girls and we are going Fri and coming back Sat. We really don't have much time so that is good to know about the tours and stuff. Thanks again:)
Okay once again, I am SO JEALOUS! I want to go there someday--bad! Sounds and looks like it was a great time:)
Post a Comment