A lot of you know my mom was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. It has been kind of a crazy month for our family. I thought I would do a little update for those that want to know, but don't see her updates on facebook. She is receiving treatment at Huntsman in Salt Lake. We are grateful that she has a good team of doctors helping decide her treatments. We received the bad news that it was inflammatory, then had some biopsies we thought confirmed it was not. We were excited about that news, but now we know those tests were wrong, and it is for sure inflammatory. We are hopeful, and feel confident with her doctors. The Lord has blessed our family so much, and we appreciate all of your prayers. She starts her chemo therapy on Monday, the 27th. It will be a 16 week regiment where she goes in every other week. She is planning on surgery around late January. My mom is pretty amazing, and is one tough lady! We love you mom!
Last week, while my sister was in town helping out, we decided to throw mom a pink chemo kick-off party. We decorated everything pink, dressed in pink, and ate a dinner full of pink food. It was a fun way to be together, show some support, and lighten things up.
Our pink table
A completely inappropriate, but really funny cake.
I will post occasional updates throughout her treatment. We sure would appreciate any extra prayers in her behalf.
6 comments:
I didn't know ghat. I,m so sorry. My mom just finished chemotherapy in January for her breast cancer. Were praying for her!
Our prayers and thoughts are definitely with Margaret at this time!! Cancer sucks!! And I, for one, and a HUGE fan of the inappropriate cake! Hahaha
My mom just told me this. I am so sorry. Your mom and your family will definetly be in our prayers. That is good that she has good doctors. Hope everything goes good.
I had no idea about your mom. I'm sorry. It's good to see that nobody has lost their senses of humor though. Love you guys!
I love your mom! My Mom is always calling me with updates as well, we are all praying for you Margaret!! What an awesome party :)
I'm so sorry Miriam! Your family is so funny/awesome (Laughter is the BEST medicine) We will keep you all in our prayers.
Post a Comment