We have been trying to do some last minute things for our last week in Texas. One thing we have been wanting to do is visit a state park close by, Brazos Bend.
Of course, I have to mention it was very HOT! But it was really pretty. We walked along a trail that circled around the lake hoping to see some wildlife.
Matt, trying to point out a frog to the kids.
It was kind of creepy. He was just a couple feet away from the trail we were on. Matt was pretty excited. Then, on the other side of the trail we noticed this guy:
It is hard to tell, but he was really big. I was not a fan of being that close to them, especially since we didn't even notice they were right by us.
We left the big guy alone, but the smaller one was somehow provoked to get up and walk around. It may have had something to do with Matt trying to grab his tail.
While I am impressed with my hubby's manly animal catching skills, I was not very happy about him trying to catch this alligator. Sorry mom, I tried to stop him. The alligator was hissing like crazy, and I was still worried big guy was going to decide to come help him out. Luckily Matt did not bring this one home. I think the alligators is what he is going to miss the most about Texas.









6 comments:
Holy crap! What a psycho!! That would have scared me to death, my husband taunting alligators!! I can understand the tiny ones he's brought home before... but with that big one watching?? No way!! He is so gutsy! Man. Well I was really coming here to ask how you like your Phil and Ted? It looks like it works better than I thought it would. I love how compact it is, but that seat underneath just looks like it would a) be too small for Thatcher or b) be too annoying to him that he couldn't see. What do you think? Thanks :)
Yay...finally a preggo pic! You look great! I think I've worn that shirt before....is it Tiffany's? :) So what day are you going home? Are you flying or driving? I'm flying home on Saturday with Paris and Madison...Savannah already flew home with my sister and is hanging out with my parents for the week so that I didn't have to fly with all 3 kids alone. Although, Savannah is the easiest one so I'm not really sure that it will make that much of a difference....at any rate, we're excited to see everyone!
That is awesome of Matt!
Matt you are crazy!!!
Are you guys coming home this week? We should probably put all your stuff back in your shed that we borrowed over the summer. JK
That is definitely the exciting life. Pretty scary though. You look so cute pregnant! We are excited you are back.
are you joking ME!!!!! He could be the next crocodile hunter.
Post a Comment